Dragons & Flowers Saturday 15th June 2019
10am – 3pm
The above event, normally held on the May bank holiday, has been moved this year to the above date of 15/06/2019. Apart from this everything remains the same. We aim to have a fun-filled day of Dragon boat racing at the following location:
Liverpool Water sports Centre
110 Mariners Wharf
You don’t have to be an expert paddler to participate, in fact you never have to have even set foot in a Dragon boat before! Teams can be made up of families or work colleagues, charity groups, a group of friends or a mixture of all. Here are the details of the day
• All boats, paddles and buoyancy aids and safety boat are provided, along with safety briefing and a taster session (cost upon request) prior to the event.
• Teams are made up of 16 paddlers, Pool of Life will provide a drummer and a helm.
• Boats can be mixed male and female with no age restriction, however paddlers under the age of 12 who wish to paddle must have parental consent and be accompanied by the consenter on the boat.
• Cost per team is £300, you can have as many members in your team as you wish and can alternate paddlers as you wish.
• You are guaranteed 4 races throughout the day, culminating in a minor final (for places 5th – 8th), and a major final (for places 1st – 4th).
• Each team has to have a Captain, and a team name. We also encourage fancy dress, which adds to the fun.
• Registration is by way of Captain’s entry form, along with a disclaimer signed by each team member, by the 30th April 2019 and payment by 31st May 2019. We also encourage teams to obtain sponsorship for our 2 chosen charities.
• As well as trophies and medals for positioned places we have a best fancy dress trophy, a fund-raising trophy, and a trophy for the best-improved team of the day.
• Any further information can be obtained by messaging Caroline Henderson via our contact page.
Please come and join us, you won’t be disappointed. You can also read about our last Dragon and flowers event in 2018.